Anti-Bullying / “Being” Peace Concerts
An interactive and educational anti-bullying musical concert that emphasizes the importance of Respect for differences, Tolerance, Inclusion, Caring, and Kindness, and provides teaching tools to help children remember ways to “be the changes they want in the world.” (Learn more)
- PARTICIPATORY SINGING: The entire school is my “Peace Begins with You and Me” Earth Singers.
- MOVEMENT: Key words taught kinesthetically help children remember key words and concepts for the teaching programs, “Peace Begins with You and Me-A Hero We Can All Be: We’re Bully Free!”
- STORYTELLING/LITERACY READINESS: Stories with messages and meaning, along with poetry and famous quotations are often integrated
- CHARACTER-BUILDING VALUES: Anti-bullying approaches, Self-esteem, inclusion, tolerance, manners, respect, effective communication, multi-cultural understanding, non-violent conflict-resolution, listening to another’s views, sharing, feelings, love—these characteristics are all emphasized with one educational, interactive and joy-filled concert
- MULTICULTURAL PUPPETS: Life Size Multi-cultural puppets and other puppets are used as tools for storytelling and songs like “The No Bully Rap Song”
- UNIQUE SOUND VIBRATIONAL INSTRUMENTS/MULTI-CULTURAL INSTRUMENTS: The Tibetan singing bowl, crystal vibrational bowls, the conch shell, along with many multi-cultural instruments are integrated into songs like “Mother Earth Father Sky” and spoken word poetry such as “The Peace Begins with You and Me” pledge.
- THE PEACE BEGINS WITH YOU AND ME EARTH BAND: Some children are chosen to be part of the Earth Band, accompanying songs like “Mother Earth Father Sky” while the entire group sings
- AS I PERFORM, I always consider myself a teacher first, teaching and finding ways to reach children with the bullying prevention, respectful living approach within every creative communication
Cheryl tackles the serious topic of bullying in such a wonderfully-fun, high-energy way. The mixture of meaningful songs, multicultural puppets, musical instruments and storytelling really held the children’s attention and they especially loved to participate in the show whether it was singing along with Cheryl, helping hold a puppet or playing one of the instruments. Cheryl’s positivity is infectious and she held the rapt attention of our Kindergarten and first graders from beginning to end. — PTO Parent
I was so inspired by one of the impromptu peace promises by one of our students. It’s those special moments that truly matter and I’m sure why you continue to do what you do. Please know that you had a significant positive influence, not only on that child, but all others that were previously negatively affected by his behaviors. Very cool. — K.L. (2011), Parent Volunteer at HOPE (House of Education and Peace)
I so enjoyed watching the children’s reactions to the concert. Who was participating (most were), who was truly engaged (again, most were), etc. They really took to the songs and the message of the concert. And they are always excited about standing “up front” and participating a little extra, or helping out. — HOPE for kids-Pals Parent Volunteer House of Peace & Education, Inc.
Cheryl, Thank you again for all that you do and the extraordinary way you do it! It was a delight to meet you! My daughter and my whole family loved your Peace Begins with You and Me-We’re Bully Free teaching concert so much! — M.R., Staff
Thank you for a wonderful morning of music and fun. I always reach out to the Unit Leaders for each grade level for feedback after an assembly, and it has been all positive about you!! Your message is so beautiful in its simplicity and honesty. I think that is why it resonates with children so well. Keep up the good work, and I will of course continue to keep you in mind for future events. We need more Cheryl Melodys in this world!! Thank you again and we look forward to your new albums — A. Givens, PTA President
For more information, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer, you can call me at 508.435.6198