Concerts for Kids
The Musical Imagination Adventure Concert
The Musical Imagination Adventure Family ConcertCheryl Melody invites her audience to join her on an interactive magical journey of imagination, song, dance, storytelling, puppets, self-esteem, humor, fun, creativity, character-building messages, friendship, caring, manners, love…all rolled into one joyful and well paced concert.
- MEANINGFUL, CATCHY, CHARACTER-BUILDING MUSIC: Fun, Expansive, Consciousness-Raising, Nurturing, Hugely Interactive.
- WORDS: Every Song and story is consciously and purposefully created to nurture children from inside-out-self-esteem, manners, kindness, sharing, respect for differences and awareness of similarities
- COMMUNITY BONDING, GROUP BONDING: Special attention is given to create an environment in which everyone feels warmth and acceptance, and there is a feeling of being together as one music family, one planet of love, joy, positivity, tolerance, caring and respect.
- CREATIVE MOVEMENT: Structured, yet free-encouraging the development of kinesthetic movement, coordination, focus, musical expressiveness, fun and joy!
- STORYTELLING/LITERACY READINESS: Stories with meaning, puppets, interaction, and messages that nurture and enhance children from inside-out.
- DRAMATIC PLAY : Children in preschool are part of every story, acting out the characters, voices and sounds.
- CREATIVITY: Imagination, interactive dramatic play, opening up creativity and self-expression, joy!
- MULTICULTURAL PUPPETS: Multi-cultural puppets and other puppets are used as tools for storytelling and songs, and to help children feel safe and hear the words of a values-oriented story or song in a new way. The Values could be about self-esteem, accepting differences, realizing everyone has a special unique gift, manners, and more.
- UNIQUE INSTRUMENTS: Young children are mesmerized with the Tibetan singing bowl, referred to as the Golden Imagination Bowl, and it is often used in "The Musical Imagination Adventure Concert" and the “Peace Begins with You and Me” concerts. Often, the Conch shell is blown or unique multi-cultural instruments are applied.
- RHYTHM INSTRUMENTS: Children enjoy a parade with instruments, and we sing and march to familiar favorites as well as the original ONE PLANET-TOGETHER WE CAN LIVE song.
- PACING: With my many years of experience, I sense my young audience and pace the concert accordingly from moment to moment
- MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE APPROACH (Howard Gardner, Harvard University): The various intelligences of the child is woven throughout the concert-verbal linguistic, mathematical logical, naturalistic, visual spatial, musical, kinesthetic and more!
- ADDRESSING THE WHOLE CHILD: Activities that develop: Listening skills, observation skills, focus, concentration, coordination, focus.
- MULTI-DIMENSIONAL PERFORMING ARTIST: I integrate the many dimensions of singing, movement, imagination, puppets, instruments and complete interaction with the audience...all rolled into one joyful concert!
- “2 in 1” TEACHING APPROACHES: I simultaneously teach the adults how to integrate a whole child music environment, while at the same time engaging the children.
Anti-Bullying / "Being" Peace ConcertsAn interactive and educational anti-bullying musical concert that emphasizes the importance of Respect for differences, Tolerance, Inclusion, Caring, and Kindness, and provides teaching tools to help children remember ways to “be the changes they want in the world.” (Learn more) Benefits:
- PARTICIPATORY SINGING: The entire school is my "Peace Begins with You and Me" Earth Singers.
- MOVEMENT: Key words taught kinesthetically help children remember key words and concepts for the teaching programs, "Peace Begins with You and Me-A Hero We Can All Be: We're Bully Free!"
- STORYTELLING/LITERACY READINESS: Stories with messages and meaning, along with poetry and famous quotations are often integrated
- CHARACTER-BUILDING VALUES: Anti-bullying approaches, Self-esteem, inclusion, tolerance, manners, respect, effective communication, multi-cultural understanding, non-violent conflict-resolution, listening to another's views, sharing, feelings, love---these characteristics are all emphasized with one educational, interactive and joy-filled concert
- MULTICULTURAL PUPPETS: Life Size Multi-cultural puppets and other puppets are used as tools for storytelling and songs like "The No Bully Rap Song"
- UNIQUE SOUND VIBRATIONAL INSTRUMENTS/MULTI-CULTURAL INSTRUMENTS: The Tibetan singing bowl, crystal vibrational bowls, the conch shell, along with many multi-cultural instruments are integrated into songs like "Mother Earth Father Sky" and spoken word poetry such as "The Peace Begins with You and Me" pledge.
- THE PEACE BEGINS WITH YOU AND ME EARTH BAND: Some children are chosen to be part of the Earth Band, accompanying songs like "Mother Earth Father Sky" while the entire group sings
- AS I PERFORM, I always consider myself a teacher first, teaching and finding ways to reach children with the bullying prevention, respectful living approach within every creative communication
Kids Concerts Testimonials
Cheryl Melody is the most refreshing, dedicated and creative artist focusing on the appreciation of diversity in its many forms, and the encouragement of personal responsibility for respectful living. She spreads her message in a joyful way that easily engages both parents and children. I appreciate her ability to be flexible and gear each performance to the specific needs of each audience. Parents have responded very positively to her presentations, messages and the relationship she quickly develops with the children. The performances themselves are filled with originality and participatory activities for the whole family-so important when the audience is multi-ages. Her performances are meaningful and unique for a child beginning to learn about the very important “big” life issues in ways that have impact and staying power. — Marie Cassidy, Medford Family Network Director